Why are we proud to be IKO Roof Pro Craftsman Premier Contractor?
1) IKO Pro4 Complete Roofing System:
Here are the 4 components of the Pro4 roof system:
- GoldShield, ArmourGard and StormShield eave protection defend the roof against wind-driven rain and ice dams. IKO recommends eave protection in valleys and around protrusions like vents and skylights.
- RoofGard-Cool Grey or Stormtite synthetic underlayment options are chosen based on the local climate.
- Leading Edge Plus starter strips are installed at eaves and rakes as an extra line of defense where it’s needed most.
- Three ridge cap shingle options give roofers choices for matching the profile of the shingle.
No tear-off, no problem! There’s an advantage here to using IKO. Most other shingle brands require using their underlayment, and that means the best warranties are only available when the old roofing is removed (a tear-off). IKO doesn’t require a tear-off to get the better warranty.
2) IKO ratings from home inspectors:
IKO shingles have features that some home inspectors applaud. These include:
- Standard wind ratings: 3-tab IKO Marathon shingles are rated for 60 MPH. All others are rated for 110 MPH (ASTM D3018 Class F), a rating that increases to 130 MPH with the enhanced installation.
- Impact resistance: IKO Cambridge IR is the brand’s impact-resistant shingles. They have a Class 4 Impact Resistance rating, which means they weren’t damaged in lab tests by a 1.25” diameter steel ball dropped twice onto the same spot from 12 feet. The downside is that this is the brand’s only option.
- Class A fire rating: Class A or 1 is the top rating for resistance to fire spread. All IKO lines have a Class A rating.
- Algae resistance: All but Marathon and Cambridge Cool Colors have algae-resistant granules. Those with algae resistance are warranted against staining for 5 years (Marathon AR) or 10 years (all other lines).
These ratings show that IKO shingles perform up to the highest industry standards.
3) IKO benefits to homeowners:
- IKO Industries currently has an A+ rating with the US Better Business Bureau.
- Homeowners will find products in the shingle style and color range to complement their homes.
- Three-tab: Marathon Plus AR shingles have a 25-year warranty They boast a classic, neat appearance in 10 colors.
- Architectural Series: The only shingle in this category is the Cambridge. It is the top-selling IKO shingle. Color availability varies slightly, but 12-15 colors are sold in most regions.
- Performance Series: Cambridge IR (6 colors) and Dynasty (11 colors) include ArmourZone that strengthens the nailing zone against rips. These series are produced in 6-8 colors and vary by region. High-definition profiles produce the type of shadowing seen on a wood shingle and shake roofs.
- Premium Series: Armourshake (5 colors), Crowne Slate (2 colors) and Royal Estate (4 colors) mimic high-end shakes and slate with deep profiles. These are beefy shingle lines that withstand wind very well.
- IKO has solid warranties, and the top warranty is easier to qualify for than top warranties from most other brands.
- IKO makes 10 shingle lines. Eight are covered with a lifetime limited warranty, the highest percentage among leading shingle brands. We use approved hip/ridge shingles to qualify for the best warranty coverage on your roof.